FRDO was created to eliminate the falsification of educational documents, provide accurate information on candidates` qualifications, fight corruption in educational institutions, and enhance the quality of education in Russia.
FRDO, the Federal Register of Information on Education and (or) Qualification, and Documents on Training, is a key tool in ensuring transparency and reliability of educational documents in Russia. The register was created for the operational collection of current information on the level and quality of graduates` training from various educational institutions. The essential aspects of its operation and tasks are highlighted in the resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation dated August 26, 2013, No. 729.
In modern society, where education plays a crucial role in personal development and the formation of professional skills, it is important to have an effective mechanism for verifying the authenticity of educational documents. FRDO was created to address several important tasks:
- Elimination of falsification: The register prevents the circulation of forged state documents on education, providing a reliable verification system.
- Provision of accurate information: Transmitting data to FRDO from licensed educational centers allows authorities and employers to obtain reliable information about candidates` qualifications.
- Fighting corruption: FRDO reduces the number of violations and corruption in educational institutions, ensuring transparency in the diploma issuance process.
- Improving the quality of education: Providing the public with reliable information about graduates contributes to improving the quality of education in the country.
FRDO operates through the Federal Information System (FIS FRDO), which includes several modules covering various aspects of education. The main idea is that each graduate or student provides information about their education to this system, ensuring the relevance and reliability of the data.
With each passing year, the list of documents subject to inclusion in FRDO expands. Currently, mandatory entries in the register include documents such as:
- Diploma of higher education.
- Document on general education.
- Diploma of secondary vocational education.
- Diploma of professional retraining.
- Certificate of qualification improvement.
- Certificate of proficiency in the Russian language.
Additional modules, such as checking information on completion of driving schools, are also planned.
When submitting documents for the accreditation of medical professionals, Federal Attestation Commissions (FAC) verify the authenticity of diplomas and certificates through FRDO. This is an integral part of the accreditation process, ensuring that medical specialists have genuine and reliable education documents. In the absence of data in the register, providing notarized copies of documents may be required for medical accreditation. It is important that these copies are certified by a notary, a medical institution through an employer, or an educational institution that issued the document.
FRDO has become an integral part of Russia`s education system, ensuring transparency, combating falsification, and enhancing the quality of education. The register has played a key role in strengthening trust in the education system, which is important for both employees and employers, and is a crucial element in maintaining high standards in the field of education.
To verify the authenticity of a diploma, you need the following information: series, number, date of issue of the document, the surname of the specialist, and the name of the issuing organization.